Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Reese!

For Reese's birthday, I thought I would sit down with him and talk a little bit about how he feels now that he's a year older.

Happy Birthday, Reese.
Thank you.
How old are you today?
6.
How does it feel to be 6?
(shrugs shoulders)

How was your day?
Good.

What did you do today?
Ate lunch, went to church, ate cake.

What did you learn at church today?
I don't know.  I made a fish.

What was the weather like?
Rainy and cold.

What do you think is the most important thing that you've learned about life so far?
That you have to poop in the toilet.

How do you think you're different from one year ago?
I'm 6.

What's your favorite thing about yourself?
I think I'm funny.

You've been in kindergarten for 100 days now.  What do you like about it so far?
Recess.

What is one thing that your teacher always says?
Listen, follow directions.

What do you think she does when she's not at school?
 I don't know but she doesn't have a wii.

What is your favorite part of your playground at school.
The slide and the umbrella.

What do you like learning about?
Math.

Is there anything that you would do to enhance your educational experience?
(laughs) No, I don't know.

Tell me about our family.
There are 6 people.

What do you like about having a big brother?
He plays the wii with me.

What do you like about having two little sisters?
They're cute.

What is your weirdest relative like?
Daddy.  He's always playing the playstation and he changes commercials.

If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
To the forest.  No, wait, not the forest.  Disneyland or Disney World, which one is bigger?

Disney World is bigger.
 Is there a lot of ponds?

I don't know.
In the past year, what have been some of your favorite books, movies, and music? 
The Darth Vader theme song. If You Give a Pig a Pancake. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  

What is your favorite tv show?
The Mr. Men Show.

If a canoe was flying over your house with four flat tires, how many pancakes would it take to cover a doghouse?
100?

Do you know how to drive a car?
No.

Why do you think the sky is blue?
Because it just is.

What do you think the tooth fairy does with the teeth when she takes them?
My tooth fairy is a boy.

Ok, what do you think HE does with them?
I don't know, makes teeth for old people.  Nah Nah has teeth that she can take out.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A cop.

Why?
Because I want to catch bad guys.

Do you think you will ever get married?
I don't know, yes.

How old do you think you will be when you get married?
16?

What have you learned about girls since you started kindergarten?
Nothing.

You know guys don't ever learn anything about girls, right?
 Huh?

What's your favorite candy?
Reese's.

What's your favorite animal?
Penguins.

Anything you're scared of?
The dark.

Anything else that you would like to say?
I don't know.  Can I go now?


Yes, you can go.  Thank you, Reese. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment